We are going for a fundamentally different format for this event, with Hulme Community Garden Centre hosting us in their garden and polytunnel: FeedingManchester #4 starts at 4.00pm with workshops, followed by food and refreshments at 6.30pm, proceeding with discussion groups and a bar opening at 7.30. The event will finish at 9.30pm.
The aim of FeedingManchester #4 is to:
1. Update each other with our news and progress since the last FeedingManchester in February (2010)
2. Explore ways of raising the profile of sustainable food and encourage other organisations to adopt our newly refined: Definition of Sutainable Food
3. Presentation and discussion about the document: Visioning Sustainable Food in 2020.
4. Discuss the merits of a sustainable food manifesto for Greater Manchester and what it may contain.
5. Update and discussion about Manchester’s Sustainable Food Steering Group.