The third FeedingManchester event took place on Saturday 13th February 2010 to continue planning practical ways of making Greater Manchester's food system more sustainable. The event focused on Manchester's Climate Change Action Plan, its aspiration for sustainable food and how the City's sustainable food movement can help ‘double the amount of locally grown food we eat’ over the next ten years.
The aim of FeedingManchester #3 was to:
- Share information about the Manchester’s Climate Change Action Plan & sustainable food targets.
- Refine & adopt a suitable definition of Sustainable Food.
- Explore partnerships and project ideas to help deliver MCC’s Action Plan.
- Propose partnership projects to Manchester City Council via Food Futures.
- Feed ideas into the North West Making Local Food Work’s Partnership.
- Feed views and solutions into the Call to Real Action event on 20th February 2010.
See below to download further information from the event and click here to visit a gallery of the event's photos.