Report into Manchester's New Smithfield Wholesale Fruit & Vegetable Market (NSM) and its’ role in the city’s food supply.
The report aims to:
- Illustrate how New Smithfield Market works, defining the roles of traders, agents, transporters etc.
- Locate the source of fruit and vegetables sold on NSM, how they are transported to NSM and who they are sold to.
- Identify good practice as well as potential and innovation of local growing.
- Summarise the interest in and demand for locally produced fruit and vegetables.
- Provide detailed information about how waste is managed at NSM.