Hayley spent three months working with us for a few days a week, where she got stuck in with a variety of tasks during her time with Kindling. She did an amazing job and really contributed to the team. Some of the thing Hayley helped us with include:
- Updating our funding database so we can connect with the funders who’ll be most interested in supporting our work
- Reviewing our systems and making sure we are meeting best-practice standards for our governance
- Revamping the conference catering offer of our partner project and landlord, Bridge 5 Mill environmental centre
- Reading and editing our internal reports and plans.
- Writing latest news pieces for our website as well as monitoring our social media and posting updates.
- Reaching out to other sustainable food partners in Manchester and beyond to invite them to events and share our newsletter.
We loved having Hayley with us, and she provided us with such valuable support during her time with us. Luckily for us, she seemed to love spending time with us as well. Here’s what she had to say…
“Interning for The Kindling Trust has provided me with so much more experience than just paper pushing and admin work. As the organisation is small, every member of the team plays a key role including the interns. Having been welcomed into the organisation with open arms, I was instantly asked my opinions and thoughts on subjects, such as the DevoManc event agenda, that could impact not only the future of the organisation but of Manchester.
It is such an exciting experience knowing that your thoughts and opinions are valued and that you are given the opportunity to make things happen. The Kindling Trust team is not just a group of people who get together to sit at their desks from 9-5. They’re a team of passionate individuals thinking about the future of the UK. I'm so grateful for my time here, and cannot thank the Kindling team enough for the opportunity to be involved in such an exceptional organisation. I believe without a doubt that Kindling will succeed in its future projects and visions".
Volunteers like Hayley make such a difference to our work and what we can achieve as a small and committed team. So if you would like to help us and think you have skills to offer, then please get in touch and we would be happy to chat about ways you can help.